Saturday, September 24, 2011

A little back story and a few basics would be nice

As far as Blogger and all of you are concerned my name is William. I've always liked that name, proper and delicate. As I said before I am a boy anorexic. More specifically a 19 year old boy who lives in the "Bible Belt" of the United States in a tiny, tiny town. Lucky me hu? No car, no job, no place of my own. Don't be too quick to deem me worhtless, there will be plenty of time and reason for that later. I suppose all of this started three to four years ago. I'm not sure exactly because I was very naive and unaware in the beginning of this. The highest my weight got to was 186 lbs. I'm six feet tall and always carried the weight decently but suddenly, one day (or so it seems now) I was jut disgusted by all of the fat that was consuming my beautiful bones, hiding my beautiful soul. I have a very soft heart and am easily hurt by all the mean in the world. I wanted my body to be a symbol of that: "Look. Can't you see how frail and weak I am. Be careful with me, I break so easy." And so it began. In the beginning I lost weight healthily but quickly realized it came off so much more easily when I just didn't eat. (I smirked to myself at the thought of describing any of this as easy now.) And I suppose somewhere in there I got lost and the anorexia developed or however the hell this happens. The lowest I ever got my weight down to was 123 pounds. Oh how I miss that. See, I had a serious encounter with alcohol these last few months. Not that it makes it ok or gets close to excusing it but it certainly is what happened. It was drinking in excess: five to seven times a week and often two or three times a day. Hundreds of beer cans and dozens of liquer bottles later I am 143 pounds and disgusted once again. Thankfully, the drinking is over and 143 is seven pounds less than the 150 it was just days ago. And so begins my journey and this blog.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you again for your lovely comment on my blog! The mere prospect of the Bible Belt makes me a little bit nervous. I've spent enough time there to know how beautiful it can be, and how uniquely oppressive. (And it can't compare to being a boy anorectic and resident!) I'm excited that you have a blog; your perspective is really interesting and we need more boys around. I look forward to reading more of your writing, and good luck with your fast. (Cigarettes = <3)

    ReplyDelete